HIPAA NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
This document details the internal policies designed to protect patient privacy and Personal Health Information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The following policies are upheld by this practitioner’s office to ensure the privacy of all patients:
1. Patient information is kept confidential, except as is necessary to provide health care services and to handle administrative matters regarding patient care. Medical records may be shared with other healthcare providers, laboratories and health insurance payers when necessary and appropriate for the patient’s care, or as required by law.
2. The patient agrees to receive communications regarding appointments, billing, policy updates and relevant treatment information. These communications may be via telephone, email, postal mail, or other means as consented to by the client.
3. The patient agrees to bring any questions or concerns regarding privacy to the attention of the practitioner’s office.
4. Patient confidential information will not be used for the purposes of marketing or advertising of products, goods or services.
5. The patient may obtain access to their medical records in accordance with state and federal laws.
6. The practitioner’s office may change or modify any of these provisions to better serve the needs of both the practice and the patient.
7. The patient has the right to request restrictions in the use of their protected health information and to request change in certain policies used by this practice concerning their PHI. However, the practitioner’s office is not obligated to alter internal policies to conform to the patient’s request.